Kaufman Music Center seeks a Director of Facilities responsible for the smooth and safe operation of the facility. This new position reports to the Executive Director.
- Ensures a safe, welcoming and professional environment that meets the needs of all Kaufman Music Center constituents (students, parents, artists, staff, board, volunteers and visitors).
- Responsible for all aspects of facilities management including daily operations, preventative and routine maintenance. and repairs.
- Manages large scale capital improvement projects.
- Works closely with Chief Administrative Officer on facilities budget management and operational matters.
- Recruits, hires and manages maintenance staff.
- Negotiates and evaluates contracts for facilities infrastructure including construction and building-wide systems and equipment; maintains good business relations with vendor contracts.
- Ensures compliance with all Local, State and Federal laws, codes, permits and standards for building operations and safety.
- The Center’s liaison for external relations with NYC departments (police, fire, sanitation and building inspectors)
- Liaises with outside IT Service provider.
- Provides appropriate support for ongoing classes and performances.
- Works with School Safety Team to comply with all safety and security regulations.
- Schedules required annual inspections and ensures timely follow up/registrations.
- Maintains inventory of building supplies and equipment.
- Collaborates with Senior leadership on developing policies and procedures for safety and security; manages security and is primary contact for the Emergency Management team.
- Serves on committees as required.
- At least five years of Facilities experience.
- Experience with project management regarding future planning for facility usage and construction.
- Appropriate certifications preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and balance day-to-day operations with long-term planning for the facility.
- Knowledge of all aspects of building systems, contractual maintenance, construction and related services.
- Technical knowledge of building system operation with proficiencies in electrical, plumbing and HVAC distribution systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
To Apply: Applicants should communicate through firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send CV, cover letter and salary requirement. Please place the following in the subject line of your email: Director of Facilities. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a part time Controller for its Finance Office. A member of the Administration team, this position reports to the Chief Administrative Office. The Controller is responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making and provides strategic financial input to senior management. Ensures the smooth daily operation of accounting and bookkeeping functions.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts and custody accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of Development Income and Pledges
- Analysis of all balance sheet and selected P & L accounts
- Posting general ledger
- Investment of short-term cash accounts
- Liaison for bank relations
- Review of payroll tax returns
- Preparation of annual 990 questionnaire and review of tax return
- Preparation of year-end reports and oversight of annual audit; works with outside accountants on an as-needed basis
- Oversight of bookkeeping and payroll functions
- Preparation of Cash and Endowment reports
- Preparation of annual financial reports for City government agencies
- Assists in developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 5 – 8 years of accounting/finance experience; nonprofit experience preferred
- Experience with MIP fund accounting preferred
- Advanced Microsoft skills, specifically Excel
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Schedule: Three days per week, occasionally four during busy seasons.
Please send CV, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please place "Controller" in the subject line. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.