Kaufman Music Center seeks a Chief Operating Officer (COO). This role is part of the senior leadership team and reports to the Executive Director. The Chief Operating Officer oversees operations, facilities, human resources, institutional policies and procedures, and liaises with a number of outside vendors and constituents. The COO collaborates with all members of the senior leadership team to ensure smooth day-to-day operations and works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to implement institutional goals. The COO represents Kaufman Music Center in a number of settings including with government agencies and partner organizations.
The ideal candidate for this role is a strategic thinker who is adept at balancing long-range planning and prioritizing with daily workflow. The Chief Operations Officer will have superior communication and organization skills, emotional intelligence, financial acumen, a collaborative team spirit and a good sense of humor. Experience in and a passion for the performing arts and/or arts education would be an asset.
This job requires:
- 7-10 years of experience in related administrative roles
- Significant management experience and the ability to lead and inspire a team
- An understanding of best practices in the areas of employment and benefits
- A working knowledge of and experience with labor relations and collective bargaining
- Knowledge of insurance best practices
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- And understanding of best practices in building operations and facilities management
- Experience overseeing planning and implementing capital projects
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is competitive. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Chief Operating Officer in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Hall. Various shifts available: Mornings, matinees and evenings. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills.
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
To apply: email letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a part-time Box Office Associate for Merkin Hall.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer experience
- Sell tickets in person and via phone
- Respond to all phone inquiries and messages
- Print batch tickets for mailing
- Fill comp lists
- Organize will call and distribute at events
- Catalogue and fill mail orders from brochure mailings
- General assistant to box office manager
- Any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Capable of carrying out a wide array of duties
- Works well in a team environment with minimum supervision; and is responsible and flexible.
- Box Office or visitor services related experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Tessitura ticketing software is strongly desired.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Box Office Associate in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Payroll and HR Associate reporting to the COO and the CFO. The Payroll and HR Associate will be responsible for payroll processing, onboarding of new employees and employee benefits administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- ADP payroll processing for all employee groups and cycles, and related reporting
- Assist with recruitment of personnel, including drafting job descriptions, posting available positions, reviewing application materials, and processing background checks
- Onboard new employees, including review of new employee payroll documents, timeclock set up, and coordination with IT for set up of email and voicemail
- Liaise with Principal of Special Music School for DOE fingerprinting processing and tracking of new employees
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding HR policies and procedures
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit programs
- Liaise with department heads, finance staff, and others as needed to resolve payroll processing or setup issues, reconciliation items, or other matters requiring follow up
- Prepare and submit to AP requests for payment of payroll- and benefits-related disbursements (union dues, 403b contributions, benefits premiums, etc.)
- Schedule and track annual required harassment trainings for new and current employees
- Prepare reports for annual Workers Compensation Audit and 403b Testing
- Prepare schedules and provide support for annual financial statement audit for all payroll, HR, and related audit inquiries
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or HR; 3-5 years’ related experience preferred
- Experience with payroll processing and time & attendance systems; ADP preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping; experience with MIP preferred but not required
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills
- Positivity, flexibility, and resourcefulness in a deadline-driven environment
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Payroll and HR Associate in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.