Kaufman Music Center seeks a smart, ambitious, collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial fundraising professional to support research and administration efforts for the development team. The ideal candidate is a motivated, analytical thinker and problem solver with a genuine interest in making a difference in the arts; is genuinely interested in learning about the Development field and has a desire to gain exposure to various career paths in the profession; has superior organizational and project management skills, with experience meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment; has strong writing skills; is detail-oriented, tech-savvy, a quick learner, and a collaborative team player.
- Process all gifts and maintain donor records in Tessitura.
- Create reports to analyze fundraising progress.
- Write acknowledgements letters for individual donors.
- Process invoices and use Microsoft Excel to track Development department expenses.
- Interact with Trustees, other volunteer leaders, and vendors in coordinating fundraising activities.
- Assist with Trustee and Development Committee meetings.
- Conduct donor research to learn more about current and potential prospects.
- Support logistics for Kaufman Music Center’s annual Gala and provide on-site assistance for other fundraising events.
- Assist with special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience working in an office environment, ideally in the nonprofit field and/or arts administration.
- Passion for music and the performing arts.
- Adept at picking up new technologies; exposure to Tessitura (or another fundraising database) preferred.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and good judgment; quick and responsive; and a self-starter comfortable leading and taking initiative.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven experience meeting and/or exceeding goals/expectations, managing complex projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and PowerPoint).
- Some nights and weekends required for fundraising events.
Salary is competitive. To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to: email@example.com. Please title the email "Development Associate." Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.