Part Time Ushers
Box Office Associate
Part Time Ushers
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Hall. Morning, matinee, and evening shifts available. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
Box Office Associate
Kaufman Music Center is seeking a part-time Box Office Associate for Merkin Hall.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer experience
- Sell tickets in person and via phone
- Respond to all phone inquiries and messages
- Print batch tickets for mailing
- Fill comp lists
- Organize will call and distribute at events
- Catalogue and fill mail orders from brochure mailings
- General assistant to box office manager
- Any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Capable of carrying out a wide array of duties
- Works well in a team environment with minimum supervision and is responsible and flexible.
- Box Office or visitor services related experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Tessitura ticketing software is strongly desired.
$15 per hour, part time
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Box Office Associate in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Senior Accountant. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant will assist with all aspects of the daily operation and functions of the Finance Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process cash receipts, accounts payable, and other operational transactions
- Summarize and post payroll activity to general ledger
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit card merchant accounts, and investment accounts
- Assist with analysis, tracking, and reconciliation of various other general ledger accounts and activity
- Assist with preparation and issuance of monthly internal financial reports
- Prepare schedules and compile documentation in support of the annual audit
- Assist with documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with responses to external requests for institutional data (government surveys, grant proposals and census reports)
- Prepare and issue annual 1099’s and assist with other tax and regulatory filings
- Other accounting and finance duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- Three to five years of accounting/bookkeeping experience; experience with nonprofit accounting preferred but not required
- Familiarity with payroll processing; ADP preferred
- Strong proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills
- Positivity, flexibility, and resourcefulness in a deadline-driven environment
$60,000-$75,000 per year
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Senior Accountant in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential.