Kaufman Music Center seeks a Senior Director of Marketing and Communications who will create and oversee the implementation of a strategic plan to promote the Center’s unique brand to a wider audience. The Senior Director will partner with the leadership team on a comprehensive marketing strategy that differentiates the uniquely defined opportunity that Kaufman Music Center provides while managing a marketing budget that delivers in accordance with the overall vision of the organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for both music and education, with an ability to operate at a 50,000 ft or 500 ft level of execution. Kaufman Music Center’s programs have captured the hearts and minds of many on the global performing arts stage, therefore the need has become clearer now more than ever to grow all components of its marketing, communications, and public relations efforts, so we may generate awareness, consideration, preference, and next-level opportunity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
Responsibility for all marketing functions including communications (internal and external), branding, content creation, events, digital marketing strategy and execution, and development in support of attracting new audiences, students and donors including:
- Support the Executive Director, Leadership, artists, students, and others in preparation for media opportunities and presentations
- Collaborate closely with Development Department to support fundraising, stewardship campaigns and donor related activities
- Manage relationships with internal and external sponsors and partners to accelerate marketing initiatives.
- Manage the marketing budget to plan, working closely with the Kaufman leadership team
- Collaborate closely with Leadership and Program Staff to amplify concert presentation and programmatic news as well as other new initiatives.
- Lead integrated marketing programs and campaigns from strategy to execution, including print and digital advertising, direct mail, web site, email, social media, and paid media
- Lead marketing and communications staff, liaise with public relations firm, oversee box office staff
- Cultivate relationships with Kaufman Music Center partners, renters, clients, and co-presenters to achieve common goals
- Define specific goals for the organization and measure the impact of marketing initiatives using well-defined metrics and KPIs.
- Understand the competitive music, education and performing arts landscape and define approaches to differentiate the Kaufman Music Center’s value-proposition
- A minimum of 7 years marketing and communications experience with design and management of integrated, strategy-driven marketing campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree required, experience working in a performing arts organization preferred
- Experience working with external advertising, PR/media, and events agencies
- Strategic, results-driven, motivated, creative
- High level of organization, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to inspire teams to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be highly adaptable and excited about the mission of the organization
- Emotional intelligence, financial acumen, a collaborative team spirit and a good sense of humor
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Senior Director of Marketing and Communications in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a part-time Box Office Associate for Merkin Hall.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer experience
- Sell tickets in person and via phone
- Respond to all phone inquiries and messages
- Print batch tickets for mailing
- Fill comp lists
- Organize will call and distribute at events
- Catalogue and fill mail orders from brochure mailings
- General assistant to box office manager
- Any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Capable of carrying out a wide array of duties
- Works well in a team environment with minimum supervision; and is responsible and flexible.
- Box Office or visitor services related experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Tessitura ticketing software is strongly desired.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Box Office Associate in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Hall. Various shifts available: mornings, matinees and evenings. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills.
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
To apply: email letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Finance and HR Associate reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and the Controller. The Finance and HR Associate will assist with daily operation of the Finance Office, and will work closely with the Bookkeeper/Payroll Manager to support payroll processing and employee benefits administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts, credit card merchant accounts, and custody accounts
- Assist with analysis and reconciliation of various other general ledger accounts and activity
- Prepare schedules and compile documentation in support of the annual auditation of schedules for the Controller’s review and analysis
- Assist with documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with ADP payroll processing and related reports
- Assist with recruitment of personnel, including drafting job descriptions, posting available positions, reviewing application materials, and processing background checks and review of new employee payroll documents.
- Liaison with Principal for DOE fingerprinting processing and tracking of new employees
- Assist with the on boarding of new employees, including review of new employee payroll documents, timeclock set up, and coordination with IT for set up of email and voicemail
- Liaise with Principal of Special Music School for DOE fingerprinting processing and tracking of new employees
- Coordinate with IT for set up of email and voicemail
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding HR policies and procedures
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit programs
- Liaiseon with broker to obtain certificates of insurance and assist with preparation of annual insurance renewal applications
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit programs
- Respond to external requests for institutional data (government surveys, grant proposals and census reports)
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance; 2+ years’ related experience preferred
- Working knowledge of nonprofit accounting/bookkeeping; Eexperience with MIP preferred but not required
- Experience with payroll processing; ADP preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong pProficiency with Excel and otherwith Microsoft applications, especially Excel
- Experience with ADP preferred
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills
- Positivity, flexibility, and resourcefulness in a deadline-driven environment
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Finance and HR Associate in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential.