Kaufman Music Center seeks a Facility Manager responsible for the smooth and safe operation of the facility. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and oversees a high-performing building maintenance team.
- Ensures a safe, welcoming and professional environment that meets the needs of all Kaufman Music Center constituents (students, parents, artists, staff, board, volunteers and visitors).
- Responsible for all aspects of facilities management including daily operations, preventative and routine maintenance. and repairs.
- Works with the COO to prioritize and implement large scale capital improvement projects.
- Works with the COO on facilities budget management and operational matters.
- Recruits, hires and manages maintenance staff.
- Works with COO to negotiate and evaluate contracts for facilities infrastructure including construction and building-wide systems and equipment; maintains good business relations with vendor contracts.
- Ensures compliance with all Local, State and Federal laws, codes, permits and standards for building operations and safety.
- Acts as the Center’s liaison for external relations with NYC departments (police, fire, sanitation and building inspectors)
- Provides appropriate support for ongoing classes and performances throughout the building.
- Works with School Safety Team to comply with all safety and security regulations.
- Schedules required annual inspections and ensures timely follow up/registrations.
- Maintains inventory of building supplies and equipment.
- Plays a key role in ensuring compliances with policies and procedures for safety and security.
- At least five years of Facilities experience.
- Experience with project management regarding future planning for facility usage and construction.
- Appropriate certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of building systems, contractual maintenance, construction and related services.
- Technical knowledge of building system operation with proficiencies in electrical, plumbing and HVAC distribution systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
To apply: Applicants should communicate through email@example.com. Please send CV, cover letter and salary requirement. Please place the following in the subject line of your email: Facility Manager. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Hall. Various shifts available: Mornings, matinees and evenings. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills.
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
To apply: email letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a part-time Box Office Associate for Merkin Hall.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer experience
- Sell tickets in person and via phone
- Respond to all phone inquiries and messages
- Print batch tickets for mailing
- Fill comp lists
- Organize will call and distribute at events
- Catalogue and fill mail orders from brochure mailings
- General assistant to box office manager
- Any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Capable of carrying out a wide array of duties
- Works well in a team environment with minimum supervision; and is responsible and flexible.
- Box Office or visitor services related experience preferred.
- Previous experience with Tessitura ticketing software is strongly desired.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Box Office Associate in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Payroll and HR Associate reporting to the COO and the CFO. The Payroll and HR Associate will be responsible for payroll processing, onboarding of new employees and employee benefits administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- ADP payroll processing for all employee groups and cycles, and related reporting
- Assist with recruitment of personnel, including drafting job descriptions, posting available positions, reviewing application materials, and processing background checks
- Onboard new employees, including review of new employee payroll documents, timeclock set up, and coordination with IT for set up of email and voicemail
- Liaise with Principal of Special Music School for DOE fingerprinting processing and tracking of new employees
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding HR policies and procedures
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit programs
- Liaise with department heads, finance staff, and others as needed to resolve payroll processing or setup issues, reconciliation items, or other matters requiring follow up
- Prepare and submit to AP requests for payment of payroll- and benefits-related disbursements (union dues, 403b contributions, benefits premiums, etc.)
- Schedule and track annual required harassment trainings for new and current employees
- Prepare reports for annual Workers Compensation Audit and 403b Testing
- Prepare schedules and provide support for annual financial statement audit for all payroll, HR, and related audit inquiries
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance or HR; 3-5 years’ related experience preferred
- Experience with payroll processing and time & attendance systems; ADP preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping; experience with MIP preferred but not required
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills
- Positivity, flexibility, and resourcefulness in a deadline-driven environment
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Payroll and HR Associate in the subject line. Applications will be kept confidential. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.