Kaufman Music Center seeks a part time Controller for its Finance Office. A member of the Administration team, this position reports to the Chief Administrative Office. The Controller is responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making and provides strategic financial input to senior management. Ensures the smooth daily operation of accounting and bookkeeping functions.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts and custody accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of Development Income and Pledges
- Analysis of all balance sheet and selected P & L accounts
- Posting general ledger
- Investment of short-term cash accounts
- Liaison for bank relations
- Review of payroll tax returns
- Preparation of annual 990 questionnaire and review of tax return
- Preparation of year-end reports and oversight of annual audit; works with outside accountants on an as-needed basis
- Oversight of bookkeeping and payroll functions
- Preparation of Cash and Endowment reports
- Preparation of annual financial reports for City government agencies
- Assists in developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 5 – 8 years of accounting/finance experience; nonprofit experience preferred
- Experience with MIP fund accounting preferred
- Advanced Microsoft skills, specifically Excel
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Schedule: Three days per week, occasionally four during busy seasons.
Please send CV, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please place "Controller" in the subject line. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.