The Merkin Hall Box Office Manager must be able to relate to many different constituencies, both internal and external; manage box office staff members and promote a positive work environment; and behave and communicate as a leader. The Box Office Administrator sets an example by actively working window and phone ticket sales whenever possible.
- Prior experience with the Tessitura database is preferred
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent phone manner
- Demonstrated ability to communicate openly and effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize many deadlines and tasks simultaneously
- A music background is desirable.
- Supervising Daily Box Office Operations
- Training and scheduling box office staff
- Supervise day-to-day box office operations
- Setting up and maintaining the concert season in the Tessitura database
- Creating event pages for rental presentations on the Kaufman Music Center web site
- Tracking series/performance/sales goals set annually by the Director, Marketing & Communications
- Reporting on daily and weekly ticket sales, attendance, sales, and promotions for other KMC departments as needed
- Coordinating ticketing for Kaufman Music Center school performances
- Assisting with window and phone ticket sales
- Organizing and coordinating lobby print collateral, including brochures and posters
- Fielding questions from current and prospective patrons
- Supporting Marketing & Communications
- Updating promotions including pricing, special offers and seating
- Assist in implementing special Tessitura projects through testing, training, and other activities
- Reaching out to current and prospective patrons to help secure ticket sales including subscribers, group ticket buyers, etc.
A bachelor’s degree, two year’s related experience, and familiarity with the Tessitura database preferred.
To Apply: Applicants should communicate through email@example.com. Please send CV, cover letter and salary requirement. Please place the following in the subject line of your email: Box Office Manager. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Music Education and Admissions Coordinator, Special Music School at Kaufman Music Center
Kaufman Music Center seeks a full-time Music Education and Admissions Coordinator for Special Music School, the acclaimed public school that teaches music as a core subject. The Music Education and Admissions Coordinator facilitates the Special Music School admission process and is responsible for the effectiveness of the day-to-day experience of the students in the K-8 music program. This position reports to the SMS Dean of Music K-8, and works closely with music program faculty and the admissions team.
- Assists in the production of K-8 student performances and juries
- Assists with the K-12 admissions process, except the actual evaluation of students
- Assists in the execution of the schedule of the school, K-8, including room bookings, calendar updates and changes
- Handles calendar/event information distribution (to DOE, PTA, ED, and Board)
- Handles paperwork associated with the K-8 program (performance request forms, jury grades, concert programs, etc.)
- Answers the phones and takes messages
- Assists with teacher payroll processing and tracks student attendance. Maintains student files.
- Clerical support as needed
- Classical music training required
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Prior experience working with performing musicians and/or music teachers preferred
- Excellent communication skills , written and verbal
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
To Apply: Please email résumé and letter of interest with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Music Education and Admissions Coordinator. No phone calls, please. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.