Revolutionize the way you experience music!
Whether you’re an educator, a performer, or a music student of any age, Dalcroze can help you feel and understand music in a whole new way. Known as “music training through movement,” Dalcroze uses the body to develop a strong musical foundation and natural feel for music. Click here to learn more.
Try it out for FREE! Come join a class.
Click here for a schedule, and call 212 501 3360 to RSVP.
Seniors are invited to a FREE sample class designed just for them on May 29, 1:15-2:15 pm.
Who can benefit from Dalcroze?
• Teachers learn an educational approach that delights young children. LMS has one of the largest Dalcroze teacher training programs in the country!
• Adult musicians and music students get a "musical tune-up" that re-invigorates their love for and understanding of music.
• Performers (musicians, dancers & actors) find new pathways to improvisation and composition.
• Young music students from 2 on up explore musical concepts through rhythm games, creative movement & improvisation. Dalcroze is an excellent complement to instrumental lessons!
• Seniors can improve their balance and reduce their risk of falling while renewing their delight in music.
Watch this vintage 1966 Dalcroze demonstration with John Coleman, one of the great Dalcroze masters and student of Emile Jaques-Dalcroze.
Watch a Dalcroze class for children led by Anne Farber, Director of the Dalcroze School at Lucy Moses School.