This fall, all programs are offered in person; many programs also include an online option. Browse and filter 2021-22 classes on this page.
health and safety precautions
At Kaufman Music Center it is our highest priority to ensure that all those who choose to perform, learn, visit, or work within our facility do so as safely as possible. As we transition to in-person classes, please rest assured that we are taking all the recommended precautions during this unprecedented time.
The following outlines the actions we are implementing based on CDC, New York State and the City of New York guidelines and recommendations:
- Starting September 10, proof of vaccination must be shown by all adults age 18 and older (including students, parents/caregivers, faculty, and staff) to enter the building.
- Everyone who enters the building has their temperature taken at the door with a touchless thermometer and is required to fill out a COVID-19 Exposure Form.
- Masks or facial coverings must be worn at all times while in the building.
- Proper social distancing must be maintained.
- Air filtration has been enhanced to MERV 13 in the HVAC systems, and air purifiers have been added to the studios used by large group classes.
- Group classes take place in the largest studios.
- Wind/brass/voice lessons take place in the largest studios.
- The number of people in each studio, each floor, and the full building is limited.
- Specific traffic patterns are used for staircases and the number of people in each of the elevators is limited.
- Hand sanitizer and piano-safe wipes are available throughout the building. Cleaning and sanitizing practices are increased.