- Episode 10: The life and music of composer Florence Price (August 2, 2020)
- Episode 9: Fox's Tango with Rabbit by Hector Del Curto (July 26, 2020)
- Episode 8: J.S. Bach - Two-part Inventions (July 19, 2020)
- Episode 7: Bruce Adolphe's Farmony (July 12, 2020)
- Episode 6: Steve Reich's Clapping Music (July 5, 2020)
- Episode 5: Steven Mackey's Sneaky March (June 21, 2020)
- Dancing with Bach + fun activities: Learn About the Piano, Create Egg Shakers, Play Rhythm Restaurant & Learn About Musical Counting (May 31, 2020)
- Full-length Memorial Day Weekend Performance (May 24, 2020)
- Episode Four: Honegger's Dance of the Goat (May 17, 2020)
- Episode Three: Schubert's Trout Quintet (May 10, 2020)
- Episode Two: Curious Engine by Beata Moon (May 3, 2020)
- Episode One (April 26, 2020)
Orli Shaham’s Hit Interactive Classical Music Series for Kids Is Now Online!
“Shaham has hit on a formula that has families hooked." – New York Magazine
Orli Shaham’s Bach Yard Playdates
Come play with us in Orli Shaham’s Bach Yard!
The internationally acclaimed pianist Orli Shaham brings her interactive classical concert series for children to your home with Season One of a new, 10-episode online series presented by Kaufman Music Center. Posted every Sunday at 11 am on Kaufman Music Center’s website and social channels beginning April 26, Orli’s Bach Yard Playdates introduces musical concepts, instruments and the experience of concert-going to children.
Each 5-10 minute episode features story times, interactive works in which your children can join in from home, and selections designed to develop listening skills. Orli Shaham introduces each episode, and is joined by guest musicians from Ensemble Connect, The Westerlies and others for the performances. This series is especially for children up to early elementary, but feel free to include all members of your household – human or animal, stuffed, or not!
The series begins with Bach and continues with an interactive piece called “Curious Engine” with music by Beata Moon. Orli Shaham narrates two original stories: the “Dance of the Goat” with music by Arthur Honegger, and the dancing goat played by Wilden Dannenberg of Ensemble Connect; and “The Trout Family’s New Friend” with music by Franz Schubert.
WQXR is the official media partner of Orli Shaham’s Bach Yard.