Special Music School High School supports student-generated and student-led clubs and electives such as Visual Arts, Student Government, Sailing Club, Sustainability Club, Recording Studio Club, Yearbook, Gospel Choir, National Honor Society, Comic Book Club and others.
Students may also participate in several unique music programs offered at Kaufman Music Center:
- Luna Composition Lab and SMS High School are proud to announce the inaugural Luna Composition Lab/SMS High School Fellowship. This program will support the work of one female-identifying, non-binary, or gender non-conforming composer at SMS High School. Application Deadline: December 15, 2019. GET FELLOWSHIP DETAILS.
- Face the Music, Kaufman Music Center's contemporary music program for teens dedicated to learning and performing music by living composers.
- ComposerCraft, where young composers work with faculty and professional performers to complete and workshop original compositions.
- Young Artist Program, a comprehensive program for advanced teen musicians.
Special Music School High School also supports the following:
- Practicing: Being a musician requires practice. Incorporate practice into your daily routine!
- Cover Me: A school wide cover song competition that takes place monthly.
- Town Hall: A monthly High School meeting where we review rules and policies and celebrate students who have done impressive work.
- The Ambassadors: A service organization for students who want to give back and learn about Philanthropy, while also helping to improve the quality of the school.
- Battle of the Bands: Twice yearly competition where student led-bands compete for prizes and glory.
Public School Athletic League sports
PSAL Sports - Girls
- Flag Football
- indoor Track
PSAL Sports - Boys
- Cross Country
- Outdoor Track
PSAL Sports - Coed
- Double Dutch