Lucy Moses School Facilities
Lucy Moses School is located in the Goodman House on Manhattan's Upper West Side. The school is a division of Kaufman Center, which also comprises Special Music School, New York's only K-8 public school for musically gifted children, and Merkin Concert Hall. Lucy Moses School's facilities include many shared resources with SMS and Merkin Hall.
Facilities for students include:
- 15 sunlit classrooms
- 22 bright music studios
- 2 dance studios
- an electronic piano studio
- Merkin Concert Hall, where students can hear great performances as well as have the experience of performing themselves
- the Molly Goodman Gallery, often used for after-school programs and special events
- Ann Goodman Recital Hall, used for student and faculty recitals
- the Balcony Lobby, Kaufman Center's largest space for receptions, rehearsals and classes;
- Birnbaum Music Library, home to an extensive collection of Israeli music in scores and on tape, in addition to other circulating musical material selected to serve students' needs.
- Practice Rooms
Lucy Moses School students are eligible for discounted rental rates for studios and practice rooms.
For more information, call 212 501 3308.