Dalcroze Program For Teachers, Peformers, Adults, Children
Whether you're a seasoned performer, an educator, or a music student of any age, Dalcroze can help you feel and understand music in a whole new way. Known as "music training through movement," Dalcroze uses the body to develop a strong musical foundation and natural feel for music. Read more about Dalcroze.
Who can benefit from Dalcroze?
• Teachers learn an educational approach that delights young children. LMS has one of the largest Dalcroze teacher training programs in the country!
• Adult musicians and music students get a "musical tune-up" that re-invigorates their love for and understanding of music.
• Performers (musicians, dancers & actors) find new pathways to improvisation and composition.
• Young music students from 2 on up explore musical concepts through rhythm games, creative movement & improvisation. Dalcroze is an excellent complement to instrumental lessons!
• Seniors can improve their balance and reduce their risk of falling while renewing their delight in music.
Come observe or participate in a class!
Call 212 501 3360 or email email@example.com for info.
Get the experts' perspective!
Read an interview with Sean Hartley, Chair of the Dalcroze Program for Lucy Moses School's Young People's Division.
Read an interview with Anne Farber, Director, Dalcroze School at Lucy Moses School
Read an informative article on Dalcroze in the May 2014 issue of The Strad.
Watch this vintage 1966 Dalcroze demonstration with John Coleman, one of the great Dalcroze masters and student of Emile Jaques-Dalcroze.
Watch a Dalcroze class for children led by Anne Farber, Director of the Dalcroze School at Lucy Moses School.
Here's what some of our students are saying:
“I was surprised by how much I learned rhythmically and improvisationally in such a short amount of time.”
“Wonderful, educational, inspiring, useful fun and more fun!”
“It’s a great experience and definitely it’s a very practical skill I would use and apply in my teaching."
"Above all it makes music SO FUN!”