Jobs & Internships
Kaufman Music Center is seeking a Marketing Manager responsible for strategizing and implementing KMC’s design and advertising plans. This position reports to KMC’s Director of Marketing and Communications and works closely with the Marketing and Communications team as well as external web developers, printers, and advertising outlets.
The Marketing Manager is expected to create marketing collateral (including brochures, posters, flyers, videos, and digital/print ads), maintain and update the visuals and messages on KMC’s website, and plan and execute advertising campaigns.
The position requires strong design skills.
- Design marketing collateral to support KMC’s direct response strategies for all KMC divisions
- Send out all marketing related emails
- Produce video content for KMC’s various digital outlets
- Oversee maintenance of KMC’s website, including CMS development in cooperation with web developers
- Act as point person for all website issues; troubleshoot website problems; ensure smooth functioning of online ticketing interface
- Develop content and visuals for KMC’s website
- Produce monthly website traffic and email reports, reporting significant trends and changes and analyzing success metrics
- Train staff on website issues
- Develop print and digital advertising campaigns
- Build and maintain relationships with advertising outlets
- Develop an integrated social media strategy with the Marketing & Communications Associate
- Ensure consistency of visual identity and branding across media
- Manage image & video playlists for MCH lobby monitor
- Write, edit and proofread marketing copy as needed
- Assist at and attend MCH performances
- Help with special projects/events as required
- B.A. or B.S in related field and at least 3 years experience
- Strong design background with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator) and video editing software
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Strong web background including advanced knowledge of Dreamweaver, Flash and html, and significant experience with content management systems (such as Expression Engine, Drupal, Convio, Kintera, etc.)
- Experience with ad layout and media buying
- Solid understanding of how to use social media effectively as a marketing tool
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization best practices and keyword search
- Familiarity with web analytics
- Familiarity with CRM systems, ideally Tessitura
To apply, please send a resume, a cover letter with your salary requirements and where you found this ad to: email@example.com. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email.
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a gifted Manager of Institutional Giving to join an energetic, high-volume development department consisting of four staff members plus one intern. The Manager of Institutional Giving reports to and works closely with the Director of Development to implement an effective, responsive institutional giving program. As a front line fundraiser, the Manager has primary responsibility for soliciting, securing and stewarding foundation, corporate, and government support totaling approximately $1M annually.
The successful candidate will enjoy a dynamic work environment, with ongoing opportunities for creative collaboration in concert with his/her development colleagues, the Center’s leadership and seasoned program staff, as well as various members of the Board of Trustees.
- Manage a portfolio of funders and prospects, and create and implement strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts
- Primary grants manager responsible for writing letters, proposals, reports, and other correspondence related to foundations, corporations, and government agencies
- Develop fundraising strategies and participate in the goal setting process to achieve department revenue goals
- Work closely with staff to gain a thorough knowledge of programs and services and communicate that information to funders through proposals, reports, meetings, and site visits
- In collaboration with the Business Office, develop budgets and financial materials for proposals and reports
- Manage departmental calendar to meet deadlines and maintain funding relationships in a timely manner
- Conduct and oversee prospect research, develop donor profiles, and provide briefings for meetings
- Write government grants and oversee government grant awards, including submission of reports and supporting documentation, and all related processes including keeping databases up to date;
- Maintain donor lists and other supplementary tracking materials
- Manage institutional contacts, lists, and reports in fundraising database (Tessitura)
- With collaboration from the Development department, solicit and coordinate in-kind donations from businesses and corporations
- In coordination with Marketing staff, work to build the Center’s corporate sponsorship program
- Coordinate mailings to institutional contacts; attend select donor events
- Oversee interns and volunteers when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is welcome. Degrees in arts administration, music, or music preferred; English, journalism or other related disciplines with a heavy focus on writing also given very strong consideration.
- Three to five years grant-writing experience, preferably for a non-profit arts or cultural organization.
- Superior writing and research skills, including proven ability to conceive and write grant proposals; excellent presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of foundation, corporate, and government grant application procedures
- Ability to synthesize a variety of material into effective prose.
- Very strong attention to detail and follow-through; excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstration of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness in working effectively on multiple projects.
- Ability to succeed in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with fundraising database required; knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
- Experience with writing government grants and overseeing government grant awards, including submission of reports and supporting documentation, is highly preferred.
- Some evening or weekend availability for event attendance.
- Seeking a creative, strategically-oriented individual with a collaborative spirit.
To apply, please send a résumé, a cover letter with your salary requirements and where you found this ad, and one writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email.
Kaufman Center is an equal-opportunity employer.
As a member of the Marketing Department under the direct supervision of the Booking Manager, the Box Office Administrator is charged with maintaining an accurate and customer-friendly ticket office, which serves the highly acclaimed Merkin Concert Hall and other facilities in the Center.
The Box Office Administrator must be able to relate to many different constituencies, both internal and external; promote a positive work environment for box office personnel; and behave and communicate as a leader. The Box Office Administrator sets an example by actively working window and phone ticket sales whenever possible.
These professional skills will serve the candidate very well:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate openly and effectively
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize MANY deadlines and tasks simultaneously
- A music background is desirable.
- Prior experience with Tessitura is essential
- Supervising Daily Box Office Operations
- Training and scheduling box office staff
- Supervise day-to-day box office operations
- Updating and maintaining the concert season in the Tessitura database as needed
- Tracking series/performance/sales goals set annually by the Director of Marketing
- Reporting on daily and weekly ticket sales, attendance, sales and promotions for other KMC departments as needed
- Assisting with window and phone ticket sales
- Fielding questions from current and prospective patrons
- Supporting Marketing & Communications initiatives
- Working with the Booking Manager, updating promotions and group sales, including pricing, special offers, seating and other responsibilities
- Assist in implementing special Tessitura projects through testing, training and other activities as needed.
- Reaching out to current and prospective patrons to help secure ticket sales including subscribers, group ticket buyers, etc.
- Serving as the Ticketing Liaison for Internal and External Concert Hall Renters
- Supporting the Merkin Concert Hall rental business through the creation and maintenance of renter events in Tessitura database and maintaining event pages for rental concerts on the Kaufman Music Center website
- Coordinating ticketing for performances with Kaufman Music Center’s three divisions
A bachelor’s degree, two year’s related experience, and familiarity with the Tessitura database are required.
To apply, please send a résumé, a cover letter with your salary requirements and where you found this ad to: email@example.com. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email. Submission deadline: July 11, 2014. Position Available: tentative start date July 28, 2014
Kaufman Music Center is an equal-opportunity employer.