Jobs & Internships
Kaufman Music Center is seeking a Marketing Manager responsible for strategizing and implementing KMC’s design and advertising plans. This position reports to KMC’s Director of Marketing and Communications and works closely with the Marketing and Communications team as well as external web developers, printers, and advertising outlets.
The Marketing Manager is expected to create marketing collateral (including brochures, posters, flyers, videos, and digital/print ads), maintain and update the visuals and messages on KMC’s website, and plan and execute advertising campaigns.
The position requires strong design skills.
- Design marketing collateral to support KMC’s direct response strategies for all KMC divisions
- Send out all marketing related emails
- Produce video content for KMC’s various digital outlets
- Oversee maintenance of KMC’s website, including CMS development in cooperation with web developers
- Act as point person for all website issues; troubleshoot website problems; ensure smooth functioning of online ticketing interface
- Develop content and visuals for KMC’s website
- Produce monthly website traffic and email reports, reporting significant trends and changes and analyzing success metrics
- Train staff on website issues
- Develop print and digital advertising campaigns
- Build and maintain relationships with advertising outlets
- Develop an integrated social media strategy with the Marketing & Communications Associate
- Ensure consistency of visual identity and branding across media
- Manage image & video playlists for MCH lobby monitor
- Write, edit and proofread marketing copy as needed
- Assist at and attend MCH performances
- Help with special projects/events as required
- B.A. or B.S in related field and at least 3 years experience
- Strong design background with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator) and video editing software
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Strong web background including advanced knowledge of Dreamweaver, Flash and html, and significant experience with content management systems (such as Expression Engine, Drupal, Convio, Kintera, etc.)
- Experience with ad layout and media buying
- Solid understanding of how to use social media effectively as a marketing tool
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization best practices and keyword search
- Familiarity with web analytics
- Familiarity with CRM systems, ideally Tessitura
To apply, please send a resume, a cover letter with your salary requirements and where you found this ad to: email@example.com. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email.
Kaufman Music Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a gifted Manager of Institutional Giving to join an energetic, high-volume development department consisting of four staff members plus one intern. The Manager of Institutional Giving reports to and works closely with the Director of Development to implement an effective, responsive institutional giving program. As a front line fundraiser, the Manager has primary responsibility for soliciting, securing and stewarding foundation, corporate, and government support totaling approximately $1M annually.
The successful candidate will enjoy a dynamic work environment, with ongoing opportunities for creative collaboration in concert with his/her development colleagues, the Center’s leadership and seasoned program staff, as well as various members of the Board of Trustees.
- Manage a portfolio of funders and prospects, and create and implement strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts
- Primary grants manager responsible for writing letters, proposals, reports, and other correspondence related to foundations, corporations, and government agencies
- Develop fundraising strategies and participate in the goal setting process to achieve department revenue goals
- Work closely with staff to gain a thorough knowledge of programs and services and communicate that information to funders through proposals, reports, meetings, and site visits
- In collaboration with the Business Office, develop budgets and financial materials for proposals and reports
- Manage departmental calendar to meet deadlines and maintain funding relationships in a timely manner
- Conduct and oversee prospect research, develop donor profiles, and provide briefings for meetings
- Write government grants and oversee government grant awards, including submission of reports and supporting documentation, and all related processes including keeping databases up to date;
- Maintain donor lists and other supplementary tracking materials
- Manage institutional contacts, lists, and reports in fundraising database (Tessitura)
- With collaboration from the Development department, solicit and coordinate in-kind donations from businesses and corporations
- In coordination with Marketing staff, work to build the Center’s corporate sponsorship program
- Coordinate mailings to institutional contacts; attend select donor events
- Oversee interns and volunteers when appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is welcome. Degrees in arts administration, music, or music preferred; English, journalism or other related disciplines with a heavy focus on writing also given very strong consideration.
- Three to five years grant-writing experience, preferably for a non-profit arts or cultural organization.
- Superior writing and research skills, including proven ability to conceive and write grant proposals; excellent presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of foundation, corporate, and government grant application procedures
- Ability to synthesize a variety of material into effective prose.
- Very strong attention to detail and follow-through; excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstration of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness in working effectively on multiple projects.
- Ability to succeed in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with fundraising database required; knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
- Experience with writing government grants and overseeing government grant awards, including submission of reports and supporting documentation, is highly preferred.
- Some evening or weekend availability for event attendance.
- Seeking a creative, strategically-oriented individual with a collaborative spirit.
To apply, please send a résumé, a cover letter with your salary requirements and where you found this ad, and one writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email.
Kaufman Center is an equal-opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Concert Hall. Various shifts available: mornings, matinees and evenings. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
To apply, email letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.