Jobs & Internships
Part time: 20 hours per week.
Kaufman Music Center seeks a creative, highly motivated and strategically-oriented Marketing Associate to join an energetic, high-volume marketing and communications department consisting of five staff members. The Marketing Associate has primary responsibility for implementing social media plans; she/he will also assist with other projects including basic graphic design. The successful candidate will enjoy a dynamic work environment, with ongoing opportunities for creative collaboration in concert with her/his colleagues.
- Create a clear, consistent and engaging editorial voice for each of Kaufman Music Center’s social media channels
- Develop and implement social media strategies in cooperation with the Communications Director and other Marketing staff aimed at increasing patron engagement; measure and report on success of strategies
- Create digital content
- Coordinate with multiple Kaufman Music Center departments to develop additional digital content
- Graphic design including flyers and digital content
- Ensure that Kaufman Music Center events are listed on relevant cultural web sites
- Occasional photography and video work relevant to social media content
- Assist with web site updates, emails, data entry and mailings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus two years relevant experience
- Professional experience with social media platforms
- Demonstrated success at developing and implementing creative and effective social media campaigns across multiple platforms
- Graphic design skills; experience with Photoshop and InDesign preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstration of initiative, flexibility and resourcefulness in working effectively on multiple projects
- Ability to succeed in a busy, deadline-driven environment
- A background in music is preferred.
Please email a résumé and cover letter with your salary requirements and where you found this ad to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email.
Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Concert Hall. Various shifts available: mornings, matinees and evenings. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
To apply, email letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.