Jobs & Internships
Box Office Assistant
Kaufman Music Center seeks a part-time Box Office Assistant. With a dual emphasis on arts education and performance, the Center serves as a resource for students, artists and audiences through its three divisions: Lucy Moses School, a community school for the arts which offers instruction in music, dance and theater to children and adults ages 2 and up; Merkin Concert Hall, an acoustically-renowned performance space known for its innovative programming schedule; and Special Music School (P.S. 859), a unique public school for musically gifted children.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer experience
- Sell tickets in person and via phone
- Respond to all phone inquiries and messages
- Print batch tickets for mailing
- Fill comp lists
- Organize will call and distribute at events
- Catalogue and fill mail orders from brochure mailings
- General assistant to box office manager
- Any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Capable of carrying out a wide array of duties
- Works well in a team environment with minimum supervision; and is responsible and flexible.
- Must have experience in Box Office or visitor services related work.
- Previous experience with Tessitura ticketing software is strongly desired.
To apply, please email résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT. No phone calls, please.
Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Concert Hall. Various shifts available: mornings, matinees and evenings. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
To apply, email letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.