Jobs & Internships
As a member of the Marketing Department under the direct supervision of the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Box Office Administrator is charged with maintaining an accurate and customer-friendly ticket office, which serves the highly acclaimed Merkin Concert Hall and other facilities in the Center.
The Box Office Administrator must be able to relate to many different constituencies, both internal and external; promote a positive work environment for box office personnel; and behave and communicate as a leader. The Box Office Administrator also sets an example by actively working window and phone ticket sales whenever needed.
- Building, from scratch, individual concerts and series in a ticket selling/CRM database.
- Managing renewal roll-overs, seating changes and the transition from renewal to acquisition sales.
- Working with and creating different seat maps.
- Crafting and updating promo and hold codes.
- Staff training and management.
These professional skills will serve the candidate very well:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate openly and effectively
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize MANY deadlines and tasks simultaneously
- A music background is desirable.
- Prior experience with Tessitura is essential
Supervising Daily Box Office Operations
o Training, and scheduling box office staff
o Supervise day-to-day box office operations
o Updating and maintaining the concert season in the Tessitura database as needed
o Tracking series/performance/sales goals set annually by the Director, Marketing & Communications
o Reporting on daily and weekly ticket sales, attendance, sales, and promotions for other KMC departments as needed
o Assisting with window and phone ticket sales
o Fielding questions from current and prospective patrons
Supporting Marketing & Communications
o Updating promotions including pricing, special offers, seating and other responsibilities
o Assist in implementing special Tessitura projects through testing, training, and other activities as needed.
o Reaching out to current and prospective patrons to help secure ticket sales including subscribers, group, and single ticket buyers, etc.
Serving as the Ticketing Liaison for Internal and External Concert Hall Renters
o Supporting the Merkin Concert Hall rental business through the creation and maintenance of renter events in Tessitura database and maintaining event pages for rental concerts on the Kaufman Music Center website
o Coordinating ticketing for performances with Kaufman Music Center’s three divisions
A bachelor’s degree, two year’s related experience, and familiarity with the Tessitura database are required.
To apply, please send a résumé, a cover letter with your salary requirements and where you found this ad to: email@example.com. Please place the job title in the subject line of your email.
Kaufman Music Center is an equal-opportunity employer.
Kaufman Music Center is looking for part-time Ushers to join the front-of-house team at the renowned Merkin Concert Hall. Various shifts available: mornings, matinees and evenings. Weekend availability preferred.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing courteous service to our patrons
- Directing and/or escorting patrons to their seats
- Enforcing house rules and late seating policy
- Assisting with fire code safety procedures
- Setting up and operating the coat check room and concessions stand
- Other duties assigned by house manager
- Exceptional customer service ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience in a concert hall/theater
To apply, email letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Usher” in the subject line. Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.