Are you looking to reserve your spot or to audition for Face the Music? Fill out the Registration Request Form for 2020-21!
New and Returning students must complete this form to participate in Face the Music 2020-21.
After submitting this Registration Request Form online, a $45 Registration Fee is required for new students to schedule an audition and for returning students to reserve a spot in the Face the Music 2020-21 season.
(Students who are enrolled for Lucy Moses School lessons or classes and have paid the Academic Year 2020-21 Registration Fee are exempt from the $45 Face the Music Registration Fee.)
Experiencing troubles viewing the Registration Request Form? Try this link.
- Registration Fee of $45 is due to register (for returning students) or to schedule an audition (for new students.
- New students must register to schedule an audition. You can arrange an audition by emailing email@example.com.
- Before your live audition, email a video of your playing. Videos need not be high-resolution, can be taken using a smart-phone, and can be linked to YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- The live audition requirements are to play two contrasting excerpts of different pieces of your choice and to sight-read Face the Music material.
By enrolling at Face the Music and Lucy Moses School, the student or parent/guardian (for students under 18) authorizes the making and use of any photos or recordings of the student during their participation in Face the Music for any purpose Kaufman Music Center may make or authorize without compensation to the student or parent/guardian.
If you register/audition between Friday March 19th and Tuesday June 30th 2020, then your tuition is due Wednesday July 1st 2020.
If you register/audition between Wednesday July 1st and Monday August 31st 2020, then your tuition is due Tuesday September 1st 2020.
- If you register/audition between Tuesday September 1st and Wednesday September 30th 2020, then your tuition is due Thursday October 1st 2020.
Payment Plans may be set up with the Lucy Moses School Billing Office for a $25 fee. Please contact Lucy Moses School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When a student passes their audition and pays tuition, Face the Music holds their seat. This is particularly important for instrumental configurations for which there are a limited number of seats, such as string quartets and rhythm section instruments in jazz/creative-music ensembles.
Rehearsals typically begin by the third Sunday of September.
- If a student withdraws after their first rehearsal, but before their second, then 75% tuition will be refunded.
- If astudent withdraws after their second rehearsal but before their third, then 50% tuition will be refunded.
- If a student withdraws after the second rehearsal in November, no tuition will be refunded.
Financial aid is awarded to students who qualify on the basis of need and merit. Please submit a Financial Aid apllication within 7 days of registration. Email email@example.com for one. Awards will be returned within 7 days. Tuition is due within the time-frame described above.