Learning is lifelong! Many of Lucy Moses School’s adult students are seniors, from newly-retired to age 90+. Whether you’re returning to an instrument you studied decades ago or starting as a beginner, our classes and faculty are welcoming and supportive for mature adults.
Now is the perfect time to start private instrument lessons, join a chamber group or jazz ensemble, or work on your Sight-Singing skills in a warm and supportive atmosphere. Deepen your connection to music in a Dalcroze or Gentle Jazz Movement class designed just for seniors, or get moving in Bodywork for Health and Fitness or Stretching and Relaxation.
Not sure where to start? Our Adult Division Manager, Alicia Andrews, will meet with you to discuss your goals, schedule and learning style and help you find the perfect class or private lesson teacher. Call us at 212 501 3360 or email us. You can also visit our Open House on Wednesday, September 13 at 5:30pm. Sign up here to check out our offerings!
Read about LMS Adult Division programs in the West Side Spirit.
Meet three seniors who have found their musical home at LMS: pianist Ben Sloane, vocalist Eve Schwartz and saxophonist Paul Wolsk.
Art Song Workshop
Ballet for Adults
- Mondays, 7:30 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult
- Thursdays, 7:30 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult
- Sundays, 5:30 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult
Exercise for Health & Fitness
Chamber Music Associates (CMA)
Chamber Music for Adults
Dalcroze for Seniors: Creative Aging
Guitar Basics for Adults
Piano for Singers
- Wednesdays, 6:15 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult
- Wednesdays, 12:00 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult
Sound Healing Through Singing
Stretching & Relaxation
Theory I for Adults
- Mondays, 12:15 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult - Senior Friendly
- Tuesdays, 6:45 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult - Senior Friendly
Theory II: Harmony
- Mondays, 1:15 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult - Senior Friendly
- Tuesdays, 7:45 pm, Academic Yr 23-24, Ages Adult - Senior Friendly