Whether you're a seasoned performer, an educator, or a music student of any age, Dalcroze can help you feel and understand music in a whole new way. Known as "music training through movement," Dalcroze uses the body to develop a strong musical foundation and natural feel for music. Read more about Dalcroze.
Who can benefit from Dalcroze?
• Teachers learn an educational approach that delights young children. LMS has one of the largest Dalcroze teacher training programs in the country!
• Adult musicians and music students get a "musical tune-up" that re-invigorates their love for and understanding of music.
• Performers (musicians, dancers & actors) find new pathways to improvisation and composition.
• Young music students from 2 on up explore musical concepts through rhythm games, creative movement & improvisation. Dalcroze is an excellent complement to instrumental lessons!
• Seniors can improve their balance and reduce their risk of falling while renewing their delight in music.
Come observe or participate in a class!
Call 212 501 3360 or email email@example.com for info.
Here's what some of our students are saying:
“I was surprised by how much I learned rhythmically and improvisationally in such a short amount of time.”
“Wonderful, educational, inspiring, useful fun and more fun!”
“It’s a great experience and definitely it’s a very practical skill I would use and apply in my teaching."
"Above all it makes music SO FUN!”